Congratulations on your actuary insurance job search. Our Client, one of the insurance companies hiring, is looking for an Actuarial Director. Furthermore, the person will lead and execute insurance product design. In addition, they will do pricing, financial projections and other financial analyses. Moreover, this is for the Group Long Term Disability insurance area. In conclusion, it is to assure achievement of Corporate profit and growth.
Actuary Director – Group Long Term Disability
Location: Omaha, NE or Remote
Education Requirements: Degree preferred.
As part of this actuary insurance job search, you must meet some of the Other Requirements below.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- FSA, plus a thorough actuarial background.
- Also, ability to incorporate expertise. And be creative to design and critique new products.
- Furthermore, knowledge of insurance products. Also, knowing pricing and marketing objectives, risk management. As well as, a broad background in the operations of insurance companies.
- Leadership, communication and human relations skills.
- In conclusion, creativity, awareness of emerging environmental and industry trends. Strong problem-solving abilities using business-oriented solutions.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- That is, group experience in life insurance, disability insurance, dental insurance and/or vision insurance.
- In conclusion, previous management experience is preferred.
Salary Range: $175K DOE + 25% bonus potential
Our Client, one of the insurance companies hiring, is looking for an Actuarial Director. Furthermore, the person will lead and execute insurance product design. In addition, they will do pricing, financial projections and other financial analyses. In conclusion, this is for the Group Long Term Disability insurance area.
Furthermore, this person will assure the measurement and achievement of Corporate profit, growth, information and planning objectives. Also, this job coordinates resources to provide effective analytical support. That is, to contribute to effective product and financial management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plans, staffs, directs and controls department activities. That is, including all personnel management functions. Such as, budgeting for and controlling expenses, long and short range planning. In addition, interviewing and selecting applicants, training and development. Furthermore, work direction, appraising performance, administering salaries, transfers and promotions. Also, ensuring compliance Corporate Affirmative Action guidelines.
- Also, Identifies and investigates profit and financial problems. Moreover, find opportunities, as they relate to assigned product lines, to achieve risk adjusted revenue. Thus, find product line profitability. Yet, minimum adverse effect on third parties.
- In addition, develops actuarial assumptions. Moreover, values or projects various product lines. May have an opportunity to assist in designing and developing new products. In addition, that satisfy marketing objectives. Moreover, are actuarially sound to support short and long-term profit objectives.
More Duties and responsibilities
- Furthermore, directs monitoring and financial analysis of product line profitability (GAAP, value-added, statutory, etc.). Moreover, because of implementing product pricing strategies.
- In addition, monitors, facilitates and controls corrective actions. Moreover, with respect to experience loss ratios for product lines. That is, contribute to achievement of revenue and product line profitability. Yet, minimum adverse effect on agents and policyholders.
- Also, provides actuarial support to the product lines. In addition, continually assess product line ability. That is, as they respond to new challenges brought about by a new pending regulatory environment, including state and federal reform.
- Remains current on new insurance products, procedures and regulatory reforms. Furthermore, by actively participating in industry professional groups. As well as various Company and state-sponsored committees.
- In conclusion, Risk Management; Identifies and assesses risk in actuarial responsibilities. Also, complies with actuarial standards of practice, precepts and enterprise risk management responsibilities. In addition, supports enterprise wide risk management initiatives.