Join leading insurance carrier in Actuarial Assistant job open due to upcoming retirement. Will consider hiring at Senior Actuarial Assistant level. Above all, Actuarial Assistant job requires Annuity experience. Our Client focuses on Annuity products that fit the ever-changing needs and goals of retirement. Their fixed and fixed index annuities are sound, simple, and competitive. Role is a significant one in a strong Actuarial Department and highly rated insurance company. Salary is negotiable, target range is $77,000-$115,000. Finally, location is West Des Moines, Iowa. Apply now for this exciting Actuarial Assistant or Senior Actuarial Assistant job by clicking on the Apply Now green button above! This is Job 2851.
The Essential Functions
- First of all, Actuarial Assistant will review and approve contract language as it relates to policy calculations,
- Also, will work with legal / compliance on contract language revisions, new product filings, and related projects
- Furthermore, will prepare Actuarial support for contract filings, including preparation of Actuarial memorandum
- Most noteworthy, will provide policy services support for calculation of policy values and benefits
- Finally, actuarial calculation support for special projects as required
- Interdepartmental project representative including policy administration, legal, IT, agent services, marketing / illustrations etc.
Experience and Education Requirements
- First of all, Actuarial Assistant needs familiarity with policy filing requirements for fixed annuities / FIA’s under the Interstate Insurance Compact.
- Also, familiarity with Standard Nonforfeiture Law for fixed annuities / FIA’s
- Most noteworthy, fixed Indexed Annuity product experience / general knowledge of policy values and benefit calculations
- Finally, MS Excel / Word / PowerPoint